From Your Couch
CW: mention of trauma, violence, harm, abuse
UNAVSA is committed to an organizing environment where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. All members of and affiliated with UNAVSA deserve to both a) feel safe and b) be safe in all environments. Our commitment is rooted in a survivor-centric and trauma-informed approach to the reduction of violence, harm, abuse, and to their consequences. The 2020-2022 UNAVSA Executive Board (E-Board) focuses on community-based responses to harm.
Prior to registering, we ask that you review our UNAVSA VE-2 Community Agreements.
Link to Frequently Asked Questions
Because UNAVSA incurs certain expenses prior to the conference, it is necessary to impose the following refund policy:
- A hundred percent (100%) of the registration fees will be refunded for cancellations received before or on Thursday, July 1st by 8:59 PM PDT / 9:59 PM MDT / 10:59 PM CDT / 11:59PM EDT.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations received after the above stated deadlines. This includes personal reasons, medical emergencies, and no shows.
- In an event that any individual other than the person registered takes the virtual place of the registered attendee, the registration slot will be forfeited immediately and all parties involved are not permitted to attend the conference. Individuals are also subjected to further disciplinary action from their affiliated organization or regional governance.
- In the unlikely event that UNAVSA should have to cancel the Annual UNAVSA Leadership Conference, attendees will be refunded for the full amounts paid for through the UNAVSA Conference registration site.
- Upon receiving your refund request, UNAVSA will contact you to verify your request. Once approved, a refund will be issued within seven (7) business days.
- Please do not go through Stripe to request a refund, this will not expedite the refund process.
What is the process for a refund?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name and the email address you registered with.
- Once the Registration Committee receives your refund request, the team will process your refund and remove your ticket from your account. Once completed, the Registration Committee will then send you a confirmation email that they have processed your refund. You should get your payment back within a few days after the process has gone through.
We are amidst a big shift in the world, but something that has not changed is the opportunity for us to come together as a community. You’re not alone and the virtual experience staff is working to create a virtual experience where you can learn, grow, and be included. With that, we leave you with these final thoughts. Life is never at a standstill, so we must not be either. Together, we are strong. Together, we are a community. And together, we are resilient.
Questions? Get in Touch.
Have questions about the virtual experience that we didn’t covered? Drop our Conference team a message below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.