- Any collegiate Vietnamese Student Associations (VSA), Vietnamese Student Unions (VSU), and/or similar Vietnamese student organizations affiliated to an accredited college/university in North America (U.S. and Canada) are eligible to be nominated
- Union/United/Intercollegiate Vietnamese Student Associations (UVSA/IVSA) and/or similar Vietnamese regional organizations are not eligible to be nominated. Any questions/concerns concerning an organization’s eligibility may be forwarded here
- Unless otherwise noted, only those activities and events during academic year 2019-2020 will be considered
Rules and Guidelines
- Nominations will be accepted from members and non-members of VSAs and UVSAs
- Groups and organizations may be nominated for more than one category, as well as submit up to three (3) submissions per category (any nominations after three will render the earliest nomination of that VSA to be disqualified, e.g. the 4th submission will replace the 1st, the 5th submission will replace the 2nd, etc.)
- Applications should be written in a manner to be understood by individuals with no prior knowledge of your group or organization
- Once a nomination has been submitted, revisions to the submission cannot be made. They will be accepted as is, so please review all description(s), thumbnails, images, etc. before finalizing and sending in your nomination.
- Unless otherwise noted (depending on the category), award nominations
should be concise and be equal to or under 350 words/ 2000 characters per question
- Awards are determined solely on the information provided in the application
The Council of Regional Representatives (CORR) serves as the panel of judges to select the top three nominations of each category. The Presidents’ Council (composed of presidents of UVSAs or similar regional Vietnamese student organizations) and the Executive Board then selects the top ranking submissions to be announced as the winners. Staff members of UNAVSA are prohibited to partake in the judging and voting process. The judges reserve the right to grant more than one award in a category.
Due to the many changes caused by COVID-19, there will be no physical awards ceremony for the year of 2020, winners will be announced virtually. The VSA Awards process will also be solely titular with no monetary award. Although we are saddened to be unable to announce the winners like in past years, we wish to continue shining light on the great work that deserves recognition by the various Vietnamese student organizations.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
“I don’t see my nomination on the website!”
“Please give our team 2-5 business days to upload all submissions. ALL nominations will be uploaded by Sunday, June 19 before the judging and voting process begins. If you do not see your nomination(s) within a week, send us a message here.”
“Why is there a cap of three (3) submissions per category per school?”
“UNAVSA as well as the judges’ panel values “Quality over Quantity.” By placing a limitation on the number of submissions each school is able to nominate to each category, Vietnamese Student Associations/Unions are able to submit their best submissions instead of multiple submissions that may lengthen the reviewing and voting process.”