The Union of North American Vietnamese Student Associations (UNAVSA) annually hosts a continental leadership conference that invites students and young professionals from across North America to gather for an event that will serve as a catalyst to motivate and inspire leaders within the Vietnamese-American and Vietnamese-Canadian community.
Who attends the UNAVSA Leadership Conference?
University students and young professionals will participate in the conference. Most attendees are affiliated with a Vietnamese-American or Vietnamese-Canadian student organization (VSAs, VSUs, UVSAs, etc.) seeking to develop personal leadership, build on organizational management skills, and network with other leaders from around the North American continent.
When and where will UNAVSA-17 be hosted this year?
UNAVSA-17 will be hosted from Thursday, July 25 to Sunday, July 28, 2019 in Portland, Oregon at the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel.
Where is the conference site?
Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel
8235 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97220
What is the cost of conference registration?
The conference registration fee is $125.00 USD (~$165 CAD) per attendee. There will be no early, regular, or late registration fee. This fee does not include hotel registration. Hotel registration and payment will be processed at a later date.
What is included in my registration fee?
- Networking opportunity with almost 450+ students and young professionals from across North America (Canada and the United States)
- Access to interactive conference sessions and keynotes
- Admission to the Culture Show and Gala
- Meals provided during Conference weekend: Breakfast (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), Lunch (Friday, Saturday), Gala Dinner (Saturday)
- Access to the Night Market activities
- Access to the Resource Fair
- A UNAVSA Conference T-Shirt
- Memories for a lifetime
- And so much more!
What other opportunities are available if I am not able to secure a registration spot for UNAVSA Conference?
- Family Leader Applications
- Entertainment Talent Acquisition
- Visionary Scholarships
- #TakeMeToUNAVSA Campaign
- Regional Scholarships
- Follow our social media channels to stay up to date and discover other opportunities to engage with us.
- Facebook: Union of North American Vietnamese Student Association (UNAVSA)
- Instagram & Twitter: @UNVASA
What is the cost for a hotel room?
Can I get a refund or transfer my registration?
- Yes, you are able to cancel or transfer your registration.
- One hundred percent (100%) of the registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received before or on Sunday, May 17, 2020 by 11:59 PM PT / 12:59 AM MT / 1:59 AM CT / 2:59 AM ET.
- Fifty percent (50%) of the registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received before or on Sunday, May 24, 2020 by 11:59 PM PT / 12:59 AM MT / 1:59 AM CT / 2:59 AM ET.
- If you would like to transfer your spot to someone else, all transfer requests must be received by Sunday, May 31, 2020 by 11:59 PM PT / 12:59 AM MT / 1:59 AM CT / 2:59 AM ET. UNAVSA will not accept, process, or complete any transfer requests after the aforementioned date.
- No refunds will be given and no transfers will be accepted for cancellations received after the above stated deadlines. This includes personal reasons, medical emergencies, and no shows.
- Please note if you miss the transfer deadline, and someone else shows up to the conference in place of you, they will not be able to enter or participate in conference activities. Individuals are also subjected to further disciplinary action from their affiliated organization or regional governance.
Will UNAVSA-17 conference be cancelled due to COVID-19?
At the current moment, conference will move forward as planned. UNAVSA understands that the conference planning experience is part of the leadership opportunity afforded with our volunteer staff position and we want to continue providing that opportunity to the best of our ability. UNAVSA is diligently monitoring the situation and will communicate any updates if there are any changes.
If conference is cancelled will I receive a refund for registration fees?
Yes, all registration fees will be refunded 100%.
If conference is cancelled and I booked the hotel, will I receive a refund for hotel costs?
Yes, hotel reservations can be cancelled with a full refund if requested at least 48 hours before the arrival date.
What if I booked my airfare and then conference gets cancelled?
UNAVSA will only refund registration fees that have been collected. We urge our constituents to consider making flexible flight arrangements and to inquire about refund or change policies for any cancelled flights regarding the novel coronavirus or COVID-19 with their airline provider.
Is it safe for me to attend conference?
UNAVSA prioritizes the safety of our constituents first and foremost. If it is found to not be feasible to safely host conference, UNAVSA will update our attendees with full transparency and take appropriate measures. UNAVSA will also abide by all guidelines set by the government and CDC regarding proper hygiene and best practices for events such as Leadership Conference.