Interested in joining The 2020 Project? Apply to be a Project Ambassador today to be a leader in your local community, register AAPIs to vote, host watch parties, discuss key policy issues, and more.
The 2020 Project’s mission is to register 100,000 APIs to vote by November 2020. The Ambassador Program is our initiative to promote voter mobilization and increase civic engagement for 2020 in the AAPI community.
Project Ambassadors will gain the skills to host civic engagement events, talk about major policy issues, and mobilize voters in their local community. Throughout all of this, Ambassadors will be supported by resources and mentorship from the 2020 Project and its partners and walk away with strong knowledge of state-specific voter rights, policy, election cycles, and field outreach & mobilization strategies.
- 2020 Project Ambassadors are expected to stay in communication and actively perform certain duties as a representative of UNAVSA and the 2020 Project.
- Follow and understand the expectations and policies outlined in the 2020 Project Ambassador Toolkit and the General Staff Handbook and staff agreement.
- Communicate and execute programs/events within the 2020 Project that engages the Ambassador’s community/network/organization/region and its members with voter mobilization programming.
- Communicate favorable programs/areas of improvement and needs within their community to the 2020 Project for future improvements
- Serve as the main point of contact for all questions about their community for the 2020 Project and vice versa.
- Share and engage information from the 2020 Project and its initiatives to the region and its members throughout the year
- Check in monthly through agreed channels, including any form submissions and any 2020 Project Ambassador calls or recorded sessions.
- Attend the 2020 Project information sessions at conferences for their respective community
- Communicate through email and website platform
What does being an Ambassador look like?
On a regular basis, being an Ambassador means being your region’s local contact for the 2020 project and registering and engaging voters. Depending on your interests, this can mean hosting voter registration drives, watch parties, civic engagement workshops, or more!
The 2020 Project will check in, provide support, and help create materials and ideas (social media templates, workshop materials), but how you structure your Ambassadorship is ultimately up to you.
Do I have to be a college student?
No. A big portion of our audience are millenial and Generation X, but we welcome all over the age of 18 to apply! We are working diligently to engage all groups of voting age.
What’s the time commitment?
The time commitment ranges depending on how many events you want to host, but at minimum is about 5 hours per month, with monthly check-ins and increasing in commitment as we get closer to November 2020.
Do I have to be Vietnamese/Vietnamese-American/part of a Vietnamese student organization?
No. The 2020 Project’s goal is to register 100,000 AAPIs as voters, and ambassadors of all backgrounds are welcome to apply.
How is UNAVSA related to the 2020 Project?
The 2020 Project is a collaboration between YOMFYOMF and UNAVSA, and is the voter engagement branch of UNAVSA.
Does the 2020 Project endorse any presidential candidates?
The 2020 Project provides voter registration assistance on a strictly nonpartisan basis to any U.S. and Canadian citizens age 18 or over without regard to political affiliation, race, religion, or age. The 2020 Project does not endorse, support or coordinate with any political party or candidates for elected office, or take positions on any ballot initiatives.
Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2020 Project provides voter registration assistance on a strictly nonpartisan basis to any U.S. and Canadian citizen age 18 or over without regard to political affiliation, race, religion, or age. The 2020 Project does not endorse, support or coordinate with any political party or candidates for elected office, or take positions on any ballot initiatives.